Prayer Tree - Prayer Shawl Ministry
We Believe in God.
God is with us.
YOU ARE NOT ALONE.
The Dunbarton-Fairport Prayer Tree is comprised of women and men who, as a part of their personal ministry, have come together to pray with our Church family members and our community about their concerns, joys, sorrows and needs.
Rooted in our belief in the power of prayer and praying together, and all parts making up the “tree”, Prayer Tree members have prepared themselves to pray for the expressed requests for prayer from people in our church and community.
What is Prayer?
- The act or place where we seek to meet and participate in God’s transforming power.
- A powerful force in the lives of people.
- A gift from God – the opportunity to meet with God with our lips and our hearts, and to know that God listens.
All prayer requests are held in strict confidence by Prayer Tree members.
How It Works
Prayer requests can be made in the following ways:
- Call the Church office at 905-839-7271 and speak to the minister. (Leave a message if after-hours; messages are picked up daily)
- E-mail the Church office at email@example.com.
- Contact Heather Johnson (Prayer Tree contact) at 905-837-7541 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Complete this request form and give to an usher, minister or leave on the collection plate.
Please provide the name(s) of those for whom prayers are requested, their relationship to you (sister, friend, co-worker), and what is needed (i.e. prayers for healing due to cancer; prayers of thanksgiving on landing a job etc).
Make a Request
Prayer requests are communicated to the rest of the prayer tree (usually within 24 hours of receipt) and will be held in prayer for a minimum of two weeks, unless otherwise specified.
If you would like a Prayer Tree member to follow-up with you, please include your telephone number or e-mail address.
Complementing the work of the Prayer Tree is our Prayer Shawl Ministry. Several knitters and crocheters in the congregation make prayer shawls which are distributed to those in our congregation and beyond in need of comfort and caring as well during times of celebration. The shawls are sent around on a Sunday morning and everyone is asked to add their own prayer to the shawl before it is given to the recipient. Prayers shawls have been given to babies at baptism, and to those undergoing medical treatments or mourning the loss of a loved one. Shawls are available to anyone who asks – attendance at Dunbarton-Fairport United is not a requirement! Church members have shared their stories of how the shawls have provided comfort, warmth, and sense of God and their church family wrapping their arms around them.