As of January 5, 2022 at 12:01 AM, the province of Ontario is temporarily moving into Step Two of the Roadmap to Reopen. Please refer to O. Reg. 263/20 Rules for Areas in Step 2 for the complete list of measures and conditions.
Under the current order Dunbarton Fairport United Church is required to:
- Close all indoor meeting and event spaces with limited exceptions but permit outdoor space to remain open with restrictions
- Reduce social gathering limits to 5 people indoors and 10 people outdoors
- Ensure employees work remotely unless the nature of their work requires them to be onsite
- Limit capacity at indoor weddings, funerals and religious services, rites and ceremonies to 50% capacity of the particular room
The Re-Opening Committee is stating that effective immediately:
- All user groups (church committees, church groups and outsider users) be advised that indoor meeting space is closed
- Limited access to outdoor space will be allowed with prior approval
- Access to the church building is restricted to staff and approved volunteers. Anyone needing to come to the church must make prior arrangements to ensure that no more than 5 people (total) are in the building at one time
- All staff are encouraged to work remotely as able
Worship services will continue to be offered on-line ONLY. Attendance is restricted to the minister, director of music, scripture reader and tech support
- Orders are in effect until January 26, 2022
- The Day Care operating in the church building is considered a separate entity and as such will be following its own orders
- In order for us to manage the mandated five person maximum in the building, please plan ahead to minimize any possible visits needed to the church. Please also call in advance to the office, leave a message, and someone will get back to you to plan an exact time. As there will not be a regular person in the office, please be patient. If it is a pastoral emergency, as usual, please contact Rev. Deb on her cell at 905-244-4518.
- A reminder that ALL meeting spaces in the church building are closed. Meetings can continue on a virtual basis. If anyone requires assistance setting up a virtual meeting, please call the office.